Fill Up FNB Stadium: Next task for Caspper Nyovest

While he might have been short of filling up Orlando Stadium, Cassper Nyovest managed to put on a show that will forever go down in the history books as one of our nation’s most unforgettable moments.

Proving, once again, to his detractors that he has the potential to shut down one of the biggest stadiums in the country, the 2 Legit hitmaker was successful in raising the bar (again) for local artists when he almost filled up Orlando Stadium, with approximately more than 30 000 fans for his hotly-anticipated concert on Saturday night.

No, wait. It wasn’t a concert. It was one of the biggest music festivals that SA has ever seen! Boasting a star-studded lineup including Emtee, Riky Rick, Babes Wodumo…and wait for it, Wizkid.

And boy was it a turn up.

These are 5 standout moments which totally suspended us in a state of amazement:

Somizi and Boity: hosts with the most

It’s never a dull day when Somizi is around. So it was no surprise that he (in a gold ensemble) alongside Cassper’s ex Boity kept the crowd entertained, before the golden boy’s performance.

A photo posted by Somizi (@somizi) on Oct 29, 2016 at 10:34pm PDT

Babes Wodumo meets Cassper

It’s confirmed, Babes and Cassper make the most fierce dance duo. They gave us a sterling performance, and the crowd couldn’t stop cheering. Cassper also debuted a new kwaito song he did with Babes. Let’s just say it’s lit!

Star-studded lineup

Babes wasn’t the only artist that jumped onto stage with Cassper. One after the other, and hit after hit, the rapper was joined by the likes of Doc Shebeleza, Nadia Nakai, Riky Rick, Emtee, Mgarimbe, and Wizkid, with each of them giving us electrifying performances. We were spoilt!

Cassper and Boity reunited

The crowd went bonkers when Cassper called out his “special friend” Boity onto the stage to help him demonstrate how guys should court a girl, which obvs saw him serenading his ex live in front of thousands of fans. We must admit, it was great seeing them together like that. And before we could get our hopes up on a possible romantic reunion, they asserted that they remain “good friends”.

Casspers sheds a tear as he remembers his grandma

It was one of the most heartfelt moments of the evening, when Cassper started crying on stage as he remembered his grandmother, who died last year, a day before the MTV Africa Music Awards. He opened up about how she motivated him and believed in him. So, when he took a moment to catch sight of the magnitude of his mammoth event, he couldn’t hold back the tears. He also expressed his gratitude for every ticket bought and to every fan who supported him on his biggest night.

As Cassper closed the show, he announced that he would be taking on yet another task next year: to fill up FNB Stadium. Given the success of #FillUpOrlandoStadium and #FillUpTheDome, there is not a shred of doubt that he’s going to be able to pull it off.

Advertisements

City of Cape Town to roll out electric buses on it’s MyCiti fleet

MyCiti

MyCiti

Johannesburg – The City of Cape Town on Sunday said electric-powered buses would be rolled out next year as part of its MyCiTi services.

“Apart from lowering our carbon emissions, local residents will also benefit from this contract through job opportunities,” said Mayor Patricia de Lille in a statement.

She said that a tender had been awarded for the purchase of 10 electric vehicles.

A stipulation was made that the buses be assembled locally and that the bus bodies in part also be manufactured locally.

“The contractor will be employing local staff and will have to source some of the bus components from local suppliers.

“This would be the first time that electric buses are manufactured and assembled in Cape Town,” said De Lille.

The City planned to take delivery of the buses next June.

I’m sorry – ANCYL chairman Collen Maine

Johannesburg – ANCYL president Collen Maine has retracted the call he made at the weekend for the MKMVA to take up arms in defence of President Jacob Zuma.

Maine made the about-turn following a meeting with ANC leaders, including Zuma, at the party’s headquarters on Monday.

“The president gave me a stern talking to,” Maine said on Tuesday.

He told News24 that although he did not believe his comments were inciting violence, he listened to his leaders and was unconditionally apologising to South Africans.

He said when ANC leaders talked, he listened, unlike expelled ANCYL president and current EFF leader Julius Malema.

“I am not like that popcorn Malema.”

The ANC on Monday told Maine to retract his call.

“His call is reckless and irresponsible,” ANC spokesperson Zizi Kodwa said at the time.

Kodwa said peace in South Africa had come at a price and the ANC dissolved its military wing, Umkhonto weSizwe, in 1990.

During a pro-Zuma march in eThekwini at the weekend, Maine made a plea to the Umkhonto weSizwe Military Veterans Association (MKMVA) to defend the party and the country’s leader.

“Comrades from Umkhonto weSizwe, bring your guns. Now is the time to defend the revolution,” he said.

The ANC said it hoped his remarks would not be given space to flourish.

“In a democratic South Africa, there is no room for the private army,” Kodwa said.

Catholic Priest Shot by Police Braamfontein,Joh

Fr Graham Pugin after being shot

Fr Graham Pugin after being shot

A Catholic Priest was today shot on the face by police as #fees must fall gains momentum.It is believed the Priest Fr Graham Pugin had given sanctuary to the students who who were running away from the police.

Fr Graham was standing at the gate of the church raising his hands.The police fired shots from a nyala hitting him on the face tearing his lips.Police continued to fire rubber bullet to the peaceful lay man.Fr Graham was taken to hospital for treatment.The South African Catholic Bishops’ Conference (SACBC) has showed reacted with concern following the priest’s shooting.

Violence erupted at Wits University as police blocked students from entering the Great Hall.This follows demonstrations by university students calling for free education.

Employers must charge Ismail Vadi if employees are late due to public transport-Cosatu

wp_20161007_12_09_53_pro

tThese were the words by Congress of South African Trade Union at their march to in Johannesburg today.Cosatu planned the strike on the International Day of Decent Work which is on the 7th of October every year.

Cosatu said the MMC for transport must be charged for employees’ late coming because h is failing to provide reliable transport environment to the working class.

“We are calling Cde Vadi to make sure that we get safe,affordable and reliable public transport” they said.

The march started at Cosatu House where workers gathered in the morning and proceeded to City of Joburg where a memorundum was handed to the mayor Herman Mashaba whom they castigated for trying to undermine the workers through FMF.Herman Mashaba led a group of business people in their bid to undermine the Labour Relations Act which he lost the case in North Gauteng High Court this year

Cosatu demanded scrapping of e-tolls,access to affordable transport,banning of labour brokers and the implementation of national minimum wage and called on the treasury to keep their hands of their provident funds.

The General Secretary of Cosatu Bheki Ntshalintshali took a swipe at the ANC for failing to listen to the people of Gauteng saying this is what caused. Them to lose in the local government election in August.”The people of Gauteng don’t want e-tolls,”he said.

Affiliates of Cosatu heeded the call for Cosatu to take to the streets nationwide to take the word to the government to listen to the people who voted then into power.The federation also rendered their support to the students’ call for free education for the poor.